Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
When water damage from broken pipes to flooding affects your property in Dane County, Madison, Wisconsin area, SERVPRO of Dane County West responds quickly with advanced equipment and techniques. State-of-the art, industry-standard drying equipment is used to extract water and thoroughly clean and dry your property.
At the water extraction/water removal stage, our water damage professionals focus on removing standing water and finding where hidden water damage may be utilizing thermal imaging cameras and moisture meters.
We are Here to Help® 24/7 for emergency fire and water damage services. We are an IICRC Certified Firm with an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating, and 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Dane County West can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.